Monday, October 20, 2008

Who Would You Rather Work For?

Today I received my absentee ballot. I now have to make a major decision immediately. I believe that the decision isn't as complex as most make it out to be. I believe it is rather simple. Who do I want to work for? 

Before I go on I should say a few points. 

1. This is the most I have participated in any election, yet, somehow I still feel uneducated and confused on the topic. 
2. Both candidates have lied and will continue to lie. 
3. Neither of them will fulfill the promises they've made. 
4. An elected official will not end abortion in this Country.  (I wish they could)
5. American's will have to work together to gain respect back from other countries, to work ourselves out of the huge dilemma that we are in, and to thrive like our inventors dreamed that we could. We will succeed because of the bright minds outside of Washington who are not afraid to take a risk. In my mind a politicians job is to empower these people, not themselves. 

I am not suggesting that you don't vote. All I am suggesting is, these candidates are not nearly as important as they or You, Me and Everyone In Between make them out to be. The most important person is You. And what Senator Obama and Senator McCain are not telling you is, you are going to have to do something, make a sacrifice, otherwise, America will fail. One human being cannot save this country, or this world. It will take a community of amazing people with incredible ideas, impenetrable faith, a willingness to take a risk, and who are ready and willing to work hard and make sacrifices. 

So now I pose the question, who would you rather work for?

Either way, You, Me and Everyone In Between will make sacrifices. However, together we can and will succeed. That fact, does not depend on either of the candidates being elected. I strongly think and feel that Senator Obama will help that progress and I'd rather work for him (that is why I will vote for him). However, he is not a required aspect of the formula. But you are, same with me and everyone else in between. 

Vote and then do something! 

No comments: