Sunday, October 19, 2008

What is Love?

Last week a friend pleasantly reminded me of what love is... 

Love is patient.
Love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 

Whenever I am anything but patient, I am not permeating love. 
Whenever I am not kind to others, I am not giving to my fellow brother or sister in love. 
When I envy, boast or I am proud, I am doing for my own good and not of another, which is not love. 

I personally need to examine all of these, however, the red highlighted words I need the most work on. 

When I'm not patient, easily angered, or self-seeking during the next week, I'd like to stop what I'm doing and think, how could I do what I am doing with love? 

Don't you think this could effect You, Me and Everyone In Between? 

No comments: