Thursday, May 14, 2009

A challenging life worth living.

The recent death of the Former President of La Roche college inspired me to think about what makes ones life valued by others? 

After leaving La Roche College, many people criticized Monsignor Kerr for driving La Roche college into debt. I understand there may be truth to that statement. It's no secret that La Roche college has been in the red for many years. 

Now, as I witness the mourning of Monsignor Kerr's death, I only hear words of affirmation and gratitude for the many ways he's had positive influence on other peoples lives. 

The reactions I've heard to Monsignor's death, or I should say his life, have instigated many thoughts in my mind. I wonder if at the end of our lives we measure, (or others measure), not so much the calculable accomplishments like a failing business or having made CEO or President. Rather, what if it was, indeed, about the lives we touched or had a positive influence on? 

In my opinion, the latter is a much more challenging life to live. It means that we must put others before ourselves. 

Today, I salute Monsignor Kerr. I will remember the man who lived his life trying to put others before himself.  The way he lived his life has dramatically changed the course of my life and lives of many others (for the better). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes is very so speak my friend when you when to school for free because your mom is part of the la Roche college staff of course what about those who have to pay a lot of money right the truth is that yes the idea to bring people to go to college for free was bad and crazy i only have question what about all the African American Spanish and Asian poor students that can not afford to go to college why not give them a priority the justice must begin in home they are American citizen whom deserve first all the benefits