Sunday, November 11, 2007

NEW YORK NEW YORK

Tomorrow at 10:00am I leave for New York City. I will return the following Saturday. Tyler and I are traveling together. I will have, for the most part, only the clothes on my back and 300$ between Tyler and I. Our trip is inspired by both Mathew 10: 1 - 20 and Mark 6: 7 - 13.

If we haven't found a safe place to stay by dusk we may use a credit card and stay at a hostile. However, the mission is for us to rely on something much more powerful than a credit card. I picture Tyler and I walking into a church or ministry and telling them our purpose. (read the passages) Hopefully someone will accept us into their lives for a week. In return we will serve their poor.

I'm sorry if that sounds like I have expectations. The reality is, I have no clue whats in store for me. All I can do is pray that I will listen to where the Lord tells Tyler and I to go. All you can do is pray for us is pray that we will have the greatest time of our lives in New York.

On another note... This week was especially exciting. My rents were in town! I will try to update you another time. For now I must prepare for my new adventure. Stay tuned! Don't Worry! I'll be safe. "I am about to make a brand new start of it! Right there in old NEW YORK! If I can make it there you know I'm going to make it just about anywhere! NEW YORK - NEW YORK!" (Frank Sinatra)

Pray that Tyler and I let the Lord lead us. It will be easy for Tyler and I to forge our own path. We want to follow the lord.

Much Love!

D.J.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DJ:

Dad and I had a WONDERFUL time spending the weekend with you! We enjoyed meeting everyone you work with. We came home feeling so INSPIRED by all of you.

Please stay safe and have fun with your adventures in New York City.

Love and blessings,
Mom
♥♥♥