Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Go make a taco!










Are you not sure what to do with all the "stuff" you'll find at a Farmers Market? Today, go buy a bunch of vegetables and make tacos. Sure, you'll have to supplement your recipe with grocery store products, like tortilla, rice, and beans. However, you'll find the market can supply you with most of the goodies you need.

Eggs from River Ridge Farm or SCF.
Meat from RR or SCF.
Veggies from all of the farms.

I'm making tacos tonight. Are you up for the challenge?

On another note, I missed last week. That does not mean I was not at the market or cooking. Last week I bought a chuck roast and cooked my first roast ever. It tasted amazing! I used a recipe suggested by my boss, Paul. Cooked it the night before, with salt, pepper, tomatoes, herbs de provance, and made a roasted tomato sauce to complement it. Before it was enjoyed, I put it back in the oven for another hour. If I can do it, you certainly can!

I hope that You, Me and Everyone In Between enjoys good food this week!

No comments: