Saturday, January 5, 2008

Greetings 2008

Hello everyone! I'm back in Virginia after a much needed break in the greatest city with my amazing family and friends. For those of you I saw over break, it was great to catch up and spend some time. Sorry if I missed you. As always, I left Pittsburgh realizing how much I love the place.

This was my first long break from the internship. It happened to be the midpoint as well. I figured this would be a good time to let you know what you could expect over the next five months. Not much has happened since I arrived in Falls Church. However, we have many exciting adventures planned.

Noel and I will spend the next week working with the giant prayer gathering. We are calling each of the students attending. I've enjoyed the process so far. I have friends attending so I get a chance to catch up with them. Noel and I are also planning college visits.

On the 18th of January, Noel, Wilkes and I are departing for Kansas City in route to Nebraska. We are meeting the Kansas Interns and a few other friends in Kansas. From there we will road trip up to Nebraska for a mens retreat. I'm hoping to see my Uncle Ray and his family in Kansas. He only lives 30 minutes from where we will be staying. We're also traveling with a pair of Australians and a few other friends. Together we should have a blast. I'm anticipating shenanigans.

The first week of February comes along with morning prayer gathering. There will be 3000 people attending this event. The attendees will represent all parts of this county and the world. This is an amazing event. I've met great friends at this event. Even now I continue to keep in touch with good friends in Alabama, DC, and Connecticut. People of all religions, races, nationalities attend. If you know me, you know I love this kind of thing. Hopefully a good friend from New York will be attending the event. He took care of Tyler and I while we stayed last month. It would be the least we could do for him and all he and his church did for us while in New York.

I'm not sure what we will be doing after the prayer gathering. I assume we will follow up with all of the students we meet. Usually they invite potential interns to gathering. We'll keep up with them and mentor them. There are other little events schedule.

We will prepare for our international visit in April. For three weeks we will spend time in another country with a friends. I'm not sure where we are going yet. I'm sure we will find out closer to the time of departure. I would love to go to the Middle East, Africa, South East Asia, or Somewhere in Africa. I know thats just about every continent. I won't be disappointed. Wherever I go I will enjoy my time. The people we visit make the trip.

After the trip we have about 3 weeks left in the internship. Most of that time will be spent preparing for the "real world". There might also be plans for an outdoor trip in the workings.

I'm really looking forward to the next half of the internship. I've already learned so much and I can't wait to learn more. Each day is an adventure. I'm sorry if I have been slacking on the updates. I don't have a new years resolution. But if I did, it would be to update my blog once a week. I don't want to make any promises. I'd also like to take more photos. People like photos.

Thanks to everyone who supports me with your prayers and gifts (From Christmas and birthday). I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and week.

D.J.

3 comments:

Al Kaib said...

We will keep looking for your updates…keep us informed, we love hearing from you.

Miss you always
Grandma and Pap

Al Kaib said...

We will keep looking for your updates…keep us informed, we love hearing from you.

Miss you always
Grandma and Pap

Unknown said...

It was a wonderful and beautiful time having you home, DJ. We treasured every moment.

Luv ya!
Mom and Dad